Parents help for Mental Health
- Mind in Bradford- Local branch of Mind, the Mental health charity offering lots of tips and resources to help manage and reduce anxiety
- Healthy Mind - Access to services in Bradford for well being and mental health.
- AnnaFreud National Centre for children and families - great tips and video clips for self care to improve well-being of children and families.
- Anxiety UK - National charity and helpline offering advice and support for those with anxiety or anxiety-based depression.
- Childline- National charity with lots of tips to help deal with anxiety and access to counsellors.
Useful mobile apps
- Headspace – Meditation designed to help you relax (FREE trial)
- Chill Panda – being tested in the NHS to help with breathing techniques to help you relax
- Beat Panic - can help with overcoming panic and anxiety (£0.99)
- BlueIce – helps young people manage their emotions FREE
- Catch it – Helps to manage negative thoughts and look at problems differently FREE
- Cove – create music to reflect emotions FREE
- Feeling good: positive mindset – use audio tracks to help relax your body and mind (free, though has in-app purchases)
In school we use Zones of Regulation to help our children regulate and understand their emotions. For more information take a look at this website:
We work alongside many agencies to support our children and families with their mental health and wellbeing. If you would like further information, please contact Mrs Ramsden at school for support.