How to apply for a Reception 2024 place at St John the Evangelist Catholic Primary School
Please use the Step by Step booklet on how to apply for your child's Reception place in September 2024. We advise you choose at least 3 -5 schools and rank them in order from 1st choice - last choice to avoid disappointment.
How to apply for a place at St John the Evangelist Catholic Primary School
Parents wishing to apply for a place at St John the Evangelist Catholic Primary School must complete a copy of our Supplementary Application Form (which can be downloaded below) and return to school along with a copy of the child’s birth certificate and baptism certificate. You will be contacted at the appropriate time if we can allocate you a place.
Applicants for future admissions will need to fill in a Common Preference form the year before your child is due to start school which will be given out through your child’s pre-school setting.
Application Procedure and Timetable
The school's Supplementary Information Form MUST be submitted by the same date to St John the Evangelist Catholic Primary School, Beacon Road, Bradford, BD6 3DQ. (Including the child's birth/baptism certificate to complete the pack).
Failure to complete the Common Preference Form would mean that the application is not valid and failure to complete the school's Supplementary Information Form could mean that the applicant is placed in the last criteria.
AWAITING DATES, PENDING UPLOAD
- Opening date to apply for Reception Online is Monday 13th November, we advise you put up to 5 primary schools to avoid disappointment.
- Closing date for all applications via the website (www.bradford.gov.uk/admissions) is Monday 15th January 2024.
- Parents/Guardians will be advised of the outcome of their applications on Tuesday 16th April 2024.
- Acceptance forms must be completed and returned to school before Tuesday 30th April 2024.
- Closing Date for Return of Appeals Forms must be submitted by Wednesday 15th May 2024.
In Year Transfers
In year applicants will also need to fill in an In Year Transfer form, please click on the link provided for the form. If school is not able to offer a place you will be informed in writing of this decision and have the right of appeal. You will also be placed on the waiting list. Pupils wanting a place higher up in the school will only be accepted at the beginning of a new term and mid term transfers will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
If you have any queries regarding admission to school please telephone the school office on 01274 679030. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement.