Scroll down for links to the latest home learning resources from Bradford SEN.
Understandably many of you will be scared and worried about the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. You can contact the SENCO anytime via the school office.
Useful resources to talk about COVID-19 and worries with your child
- Children's CBBC coronavirus-specific video from Doctors Chris and Xand
- Social story on pandemics and the coronavirus courtesy of Carol Gray
- Information in different languages and activity book to discuss feelings and know ways to stay healthy from Mindheart. Scroll down for your language choice.
- Childmind - resources for parents to cope during Covid - 19
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - a YouTube channel providing mindfulness and yoga or children aged 3+ through stories and adventures
Parents help for Mental Health
- Mind in Bradford- Local branch of Mind, the Mental health charity offering lots of tips and resources to help manage and reduce anxiety
- Healthy Mind - Access to services in Bradford for well being and mental health.
- AnnaFreud National Centre for children and families - great tips and video clips for self care to improve well-being of children and families.
- Anxiety UK - National charity and helpline offering advice and support for those with anxiety or anxiety-based depression.
Useful mobile apps
- Headspace – Meditation designed to help you relax (FREE trial)
- Chill Panda – being tested in the NHS to help with breathing techniques to help you relax
- Beat Panic - can help with overcoming panic and anxiety (£0.99)
- BlueIce – helps young people manage their emotions FREE
- Catch it – Helps to manage negative thoughts and look at problems differently FREE
- Cove – create music to reflect emotions FREE
- Feeling good: positive mindset – use audio tracks to help relax your body and mind (free, though has in-app purchases)
Home learning resources
The current situation can be even more confusing and upsetting for children with SEND. Click below for links to Bradford Schools Online to access further resources specifically targeted for pupils with SEND to support over the period of school closures. If you require any furhter support or advice, please contact the school SENCO, Ms Basra via: email@example.com
Here are some further resources to support your child with structure, routine and effective communication.
Bradford Local Offer
The Bradford Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council.
Please click on the link below to see the range of services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Our SENCo is Ms Rupreet Basra. Please contact her via the school office if you have any concerns about your child.