Scroll down for a home visual timetable and learning resources
Understandably many of you will be scared and worried about the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. You can contact the SENCO anytime via the school office.
Useful resources to talk about COVID-19 and worries with your child
- Children's CBBC coronavirus-specific video from Doctors Chris and Xand
- Social story on pandemics and the coronavirus courtesy of Carol Gray
- Information in different languages and activity book to discuss feelings and know ways to stay healthy from Mindheart. Scroll down for your language choice.
- Childmind - resources for parents to cope during Covid - 19
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - a YouTube channel providing mindfulness and yoga or children aged 3+ through stories and adventures.
Parents help for Mental Health
- Mind - Mental health charity offering lots of tips and resources to help manage and reduce anxiety
- AnnaFreud National Centre for children and families - great tips and video clips for self care to improve well-being of children and families.
- Anxiety UK - National charity and helpline offering advice and support for those with anxiety or anxiety-based depression.
Useful mobile apps
- Headspace – Meditation designed to help you relax (FREE trial)
- Chill Panda – being tested in the NHS to help with breathing techniques to help you relax
- Beat Panic - can help with overcoming panic and anxiety (£0.99)
- BlueIce – helps young people manage their emotions FREE
- Catch it – Helps to manage negative thoughts and look at problems differently FREE
- Cove – create music to reflect emotions FREE
- Feeling good: positive mindset – use audio tracks to help relax your body and mind (free, though has in-app purchases)
Home learning resources
Communication- The current situation can be even more confusing and upsetting for SEN pupils. Here are some resources to support your child with structure, routine and effective communication.
Bradford Local Offer
The Bradford Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council.
Please click on the link below to see the range of services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Our SENCo is Ms Rupreet Basra. Please contact her via the school office if you have any concerns about your child.