Year 2 Home learning
The children have worked incredibly hard in Year 2. Please help them continue their success at home with the following home learning tasks and resources. Scroll down to see more resources.
Home Learning Resources
If your child did not receive a login for Purple Mash, their login details will be sent through Marvellous Me. Access our school's Purple Mash portal by visiting our Games section. Please check there regularly for new assigned tasks.
White Rose Maths Year 2 Home learning is the scheme of learning we follow in school. They have daily lessons and tasks for Year 2 and every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully. Click here to complete this weeks lessons!
Keep their imagination and creativity growing with daily writing inspiration on Pobble, an excellent resource for daily writing inspiration. Each resource comes with sentence work ideas as well as question stems. A starter writing task has been set based on this.
Children should continue to regularly use:
- Spelling Shed and other activities in the Spelling games section of the website.
- Bug Club for reading and comprehension skills.
- Access FREE a huge collection of books and audio stories for children of all ages at Audible.com.
- Year 1 and 2 word list - Children should be able to read, spell and use these words correctly.
Please check this website regularly for new updates.
Keep learning, keep active and keep safe!
Spring 2 Term Update
Hoppy the Rabbit is our new fluffy member of Year 2! Children will all have a turn to take Hoppy home and write about their experiences together in Hoppy's diary. They can share this will the class the following Monday.
- Homework will be set out every Friday and must be returned by the following Wednesday.
- Please support your child to be a Green Reader by listening to them read their reading book/Bug Club daily and recording this in their Reading Record books.
- Help your child to learn their multiplication facts by helping them to log on on to times Tables Rock Stars at least 3 times a week.
- Click here for a full list of the spelling rules children are expected to know in Year 2. Support your child to use Spelling Shed at home to help teach them spellings.
We would like to remind you to look at the range of fun and educational games in the Children's area section of the website. Allowing your child to use these activities will help them to practise their phonic, reading and mental arithmetic skills.
Please click on the link below for the latest Curriculum Newsletter:
Autumn 1 Knowledge Organiser