Welcome to Year 2's Class Page
Beside the Seaside
Science- Food Chains Knowledge Organiser
Homework will be set every Friday and should be completed and handed in by the following Friday. Homework will be Timetables Rockstars, Spelling Shed- phonics and spellings and Green Reading 5 times a week. For all the children who have completed their homework that week, there will be an extra playtime on a Friday afternoon. This will an opportunity for children to complete their homework if they have not already done so.
Please find attached logins for homework.
Please find attached the Long Term Plan for 2020- 2021, which will cover all subjects in the curriculum.
Year 2 Jerusalema dance
We challenge Year 4!
A guide on how to use Google classroom.
Year 2 End of year Expectations
A summary of the Year 2 end of year expectations for Reading, Writing & Mathematics can be found here.
PE will be every Monday and Friday and weather permitting, it will be indoor and outdoors.
Here are workbooks for all the autumn term maths units. Help your child to have a go at working through the Year 1 workbook to refresh their memory before having a go at the Year 2 workbook.
- Log in to Bug Club for regular reading and comprehension practise. Daily reading is recommended.
- Help your child to be a Green Reader by listening to them read their reading book/Bug Club and recording this in their Reading Record books at least FIVE times a week. Reading record books will be checked every Monday to see who has been a Green Reader in the previous week.
- Children in Year 2 should be able to read, spell and use these words correctly:
Phase 2-5 tricky words
Phonics screening revision-parent information
Revision resources set 1
Keep learning, keep active and keep safe!
More resources and fun activities
- Art - ideas to get creative
- Virtual Tours - amazing links to take you around the world. Explore under the sea, outer space, landmarks and much more!
- Coding for kids - download the FREE Scratch junior App here
- Switchoo Zoo - Watch, listen and play games to learn about animals
- Games in Children's area of our school website
- Maths on the Move Challenge Sheet
- Sport Challenges
- Visit the CAFOD website to access the CAFOD Live Children's learning liturgy
- Science - Family STEM activities
- KS1 working scientifically checklist
Please click on the links below to see our half termly Curriculum Newsletters