Year 2 Home learning -Summer 2
Welcome to the final half term in Year 2! Help your child to continue to be a stay home superstar with the following activities and resources.
Scroll all the way down to see the full range of new resources added for this half term.
Keep learning, keep active and keep safe!
This half term, Beachcombers will be our exciting new topic all about the glorious seaside.
Below are some suggestions of fun home learning activities you can do. Please aim to do at least 1-2 of these each week alongside the daily maths lessons recommended on this page as well as the BBC Bitesize English and foundation lessons.
Log in to SeeSaw regularly to access the weekly tasks on there and share your child's work. I look forward to seeing what children have learnt as they upload photos of their work, videos or audio recordings.
Week Beginning 6/7/20 Tasks
Week Beginning 29/6/20 Tasks
Week Beginning 22/6/20 Tasks
Week Beginning 15/6/20 Tasks
White Rose Maths Year 2 Home learning is the scheme of learning we follow in school and our recommended home learning scheme.
Click here to complete this weeks lessons and access their lesson video, activity and answers.
Access Year 2 tests (including answers) below:
|Arithmetic test 1||Arithmetic test 2||Arithmetic test 3|
|Arithmetic test 4||Arithmetic test 5||Arithmetic test 6|
|Reasoning test 1 (test 1 script)||Reasoning test 2 (test 2 script)|
Summer Reading Challenge 2020
|Reading retrieval skills revision (answers)||Inference skills revision (answers)||Vocabulary skills revision (answers)|
BBC Bitesize are releasing daily lessons and videos online and through the Red Button.
Please continue to use the daily White Rose Maths lessons as last half term but do use BBC Bitesize for daily English lessons.
Access Year 2's daily lessons here.
Children should continue to regularly use these resources for reading and writing:
- Bug Club for reading and comprehension skills (at least 10 minutes daily)
- Spelling Shed and other activities in the Spelling games section of the website
- Access FREE a huge collection of books and audio stories for children of all ages at Audible.com.
- Year 1 and 2 word list - Children should be able to read, spell and use these words correctly.
- Daily phonics practise and reinforcement is still vital. Visit Phonics Play for FREE access is available during school closures.
- Keep their imagination and creativity growing on Pobble365, an excellent resource for daily writing inspiration. Each resource comes with a fantastic visual, sentence work ideas as well as question stems.
More resources and activities
Internet Safety and Computing
|Online Safety ages 5-7 activity 1||Online Safety ages 5-7 activity 2||Online Safety ages 5-7 activity 3|
|Online Safety ages 5-7 activity 4||Online Safety ages 5-7 activity 5||Online Safety ages 5-7 activity 6|
Other fun activity ideas
- Art - ideas to get creative
- Virtual Tours - amazing links to take you around the world. Explore under the sea, outer space, landmarks and much more!
- Coding for kids - download the FREE Scratch junior App here
- Switchoo Zoo - Watch, listen and play games to learn about animals
- Visit the CAFOD website to access the
- CAFOD Live Children's learning liturgy
- Music - Access Charanga here
- Purple Mash - log in to access a range of fun learning games and activiites
Below are some PE activities to keep the mind and body engaged and active. You can follow the suggested timetables on a rotation.
you may also be interested in PE with Joe Wicks accessed through his You Tube Channel or these challenges:
Resources for parents and carers
If you need any help or have any questions about home learning, please contact me, Ms Basra at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have concerns about how to discuss the pandemic with your child or would like to help your mental health, see the resources on our SEND page.
Please check this website regularly for new updates. Keep learning, Keep active and stay safe!
Please click on the link below for Curriculum Newsletters and Knowledge Organisers:
Hoppy the Rabbit is our new fluffy member of Year 2! Children will all have a turn to take Hoppy home and write about their
experiences together in Hoppy's diary. They can share this will the class the following Monday.
- Homework will be set out every Friday and must be returned by the following Wednesday.
- Please support your child to be a Green Reader by listening to them read their reading book/Bug Club daily and recording this in their Reading Record books.
- Help your child to learn their multiplication facts by helping them to log on on to times Tables Rock Stars at least 3 times a week.
- Click here for a full list of the spelling rules children are expected to know in Year 2. Support your child to use Spelling Shed at home to help teach them spellings.
We would like to remind you to look at the range of fun and educational games in the Children's area section of the website. Allowing your child to use these activities will help them to practise their phonic, reading and mental arithmetic skills.