Welcome to Year 2's class page.
Spring Term Update
- We are starting 2020 with our new exciting topic, The Great Fire of London. Scroll down to see the knowledge organiser for more information.
- Children are lucky to have the Bradford City Football Coaches on a Friday afternoon where they will be participating in a range of multi-skills games. Please ensure your child has an outdoor PE kit including suitable outdoor trainers in school for this day.
- Key Stage 1 SATS Meeting
There will be a short meeting about the Year 2 SATS on Monday 20th January straight after school.
- We would like to give our parents more opportunities to be involved in their children's learning. Please join us for the following events:
- Maths calculations workshop with the children at 9.10am on Thursday 30th January.
- Topic sharing session at 2.45pm on Thursday 13th February
PE and Sports
For this Spring term, PE will be based outdoors (weather permitting) and be on Fridays with our specialist PE coaches.
Please ensure your child has an outdoor PE kit including outdoor trainers and suitable full length clothing.
Children in Year 2 also still have the opportunity to participate in a football club on Friday lunchtimes. However they can only attend this if they have an outdoor PE kit in school.
- Homework will be set out every Friday and must be returned by the following Wednesday.
- Please support your child by listening to them read their reading book/Bug Club daily.
- Support your child to learn their multiplication facts by helping them to log on on to times Tables Rock Stars at least 3 times a week.
- Click here for a full list of the spelling rules children are expected to know in Year 2.
We would like to remind you to look at the range of fun and educational games in the Children's area section of the website. Allowing your child to use these activities will help them to practise their phonic, reading and mental arithmetic skills.
Please click on the link below for the latest Curriculum Newsletter:
Autumn 1 Knowledge organiser