Useful resources to talk about COVID-19 and worries with your child:
- Children's CBBC coronavirus-specific video from Doctors Chris and Xand
- Social story on pandemics and the coronavirus courtesy of Carol Gray
- Information in different languages and activity book to discuss feelings and know ways to stay healthy from Mindheart. Scroll down for your language choice.
- Childmind - resources for parents to cope during Covid - 19
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - a YouTube channel providing mindfulness and yoga or children aged 3+ through stories and adventures
Parents help for Mental Health
- Mind in Bradford- Local branch of Mind, the Mental health charity offering lots of tips and resources to help manage and reduce anxiety
- Healthy Mind - Access to services in Bradford for well being and mental health.
- AnnaFreud National Centre for children and families - great tips and video clips for self care to improve well-being of children and families.
- Anxiety UK - National charity and helpline offering advice and support for those with anxiety or anxiety-based depression.
ADULT MENTAL HEALTH HELP - See the attached flyer for help that is available for anyone who is experiencing difficulties at the moment.
Useful mobile apps
- Headspace – Meditation designed to help you relax (FREE trial)
- Chill Panda – being tested in the NHS to help with breathing techniques to help you relax
- Beat Panic - can help with overcoming panic and anxiety (£0.99)
- BlueIce – helps young people manage their emotions FREE
- Catch it – Helps to manage negative thoughts and look at problems differently FREE
- Cove – create music to reflect emotions FREE
- Feeling good: positive mindset – use audio tracks to help relax your body and mind (free, though has in-app purchases)